Nov 11 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/11/11/ventureen-is-an-odd-place-scouting-venturing/
Oct 02 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/10/02/watching-back-to-the-future-in-wales/
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/09/30/you-know-people-respect-your-pedantic-attention-to-detail-when-they-make-signs-indicating-awareness/
Sep 23 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/09/23/hiking-with-the-troop-at-ricketts-glen/
Sep 06 2017
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fine grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinich
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- red pepper flakes, just a pinch (optional)
- Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Rinse spinach and set aside to dry.
- Chop parsley and set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside. You can toss with a little olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and cook until golden and no longer pink in the middle, Approx. 8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- With chicken removed from pan, reduce heat to medium. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. When the wine is simmering, use a wooden spoon to scrape all the golden chicken bits from the pan. (They have a lot of flavor that you’ll want in your sauce!)
- Add tomatoes and garlic and cook until the tomatoes soften slightly, about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring mixture back to a simmer. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and stir until the cheese melts. Season sauce with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and add in the cooked penne, chicken, baby spinach, parsley, and red pepper flakes (if using). Toss until the pasta is evenly coated in sauce and the spinach has wilted slightly. Serve immediately.
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/09/06/chicken-florentine-pasta/
Aug 22 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/08/22/rabbit-point-of-view-outdoors/
Jul 26 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/07/26/killing-some-dinosaurs-with-danielle-2017jambo/
Jul 25 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/07/25/proof-i-was-here-2017jambo/
Jul 22 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/07/22/met-a-friend-today-owls-2017jambo/
Jul 22 2017
Permanent link to this article: http://ericsilva.org/2017/07/22/great-horned-owl-2017jambo/