Basic risotto with chicken broth. Nothing to fancy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup Risotto (Arborio rice)
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Heat olive oil and butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add rice to pan, stir to coat rice in oil and butter, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the chick broth, and cook over medium heat until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue to add the remaining chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, waiting until the previous cup has been absorbed before adding the next.