I wanted something new tonight for dinner, so I came up with this basic chicken dish for my family of picky eaters. Feel free to experiment further with this to suit your own family’s tastes. After all, that’s the fun of cooking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 to 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts (cut into small bite site pieces)
- 2 tbsp light olive or canola oil
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- salt and pepper
- Adobo or Essence seasonings
- 1 can Cream of Chicken (or other) soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta (I used Mafalda or Rotini)
- 1 1/2 cups of rice (prepare per package directions)
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- Add onion and saute until the onions are clear.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet, season with salt, pepper, Adobo or Essence. You may use any seasoning you like. It’s just to give the chicken a little zing and flavor.
- Once chicken has cooked through, add cream of chicken (or other) soup, milk and water to skillet.
- Stir completely to incorporate soup, and heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, add uncooked pasta and stir.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve next to or over rice.
Enjoy. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did. I just wish they would let me put some veggies in it.