I wanted something new tonight for dinner, so I came up with this basic chicken dish for my family of picky eaters. Feel free to experiment further with this to suit your own family’s tastes. After all, that’s the fun of cooking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 to 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts (cut into small bite site pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Adobo seasonings
- 1 can Cream of Chicken (or other) soup
- 1 can Cheddar Cheese soup or 6 oz of your favorite cheese grated
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta (we use Rotini)
- Melt butter/margarine in a deep skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet, season generously with Adobo; add Cumin and pepper. You may use any seasoning you like. It’s just to give the chicken a little zing and flavor.
- Once chicken has cooked through, add cream of chicken (or other) soup, milk/half-and-half, water and corn starch, and cheese to skillet.
- Stir completely to incorporate soup, and heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, add uncooked pasta and stir.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve with some fresh steamed broccoli or other vegetable and enjoy. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did.