Adapted from original recipe by Stephanie Gallagher.
I wanted something new tonight for dinner, so I found this basic chicken dish for my family of picky eaters.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger (or dried ginger works too)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Place chicken breast pieces in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Add cornstarch. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, orange marmalade, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat wok or large deep skillet over high heat. Add canola oil. Add chicken. Stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Stir-fry to coat the chicken.
Serve immediately with hot rice.