Adapted recipe from original author: Nicole Nared-Washington
- 1 lb. uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz fresh or frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 2 jars (16 oz each) alfredo pasta sauce (or roasted garlic parmesan sauce, or one of each)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese.
- Cook pasta as directed; drain
- If using fresh broccoli, steam or cook until tender
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink
- Add pasta, broccoli, and alfredo sauce. Stir carefully until well blended.
- Spoon pasta mixture into non-greased 9x13 (3-quart) glass baking dish
- Cover with mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bake 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown.