Author: Liz Call
- 2 cups (1.5 lbs) cooked chicken - diced or shredded you can use canned chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 oz can diced green chile drained (if needed)
- 15 oz can green chili enchilada sauce
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- salt & pepper to taste
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together cream of chicken soup, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and diced green chilis and just mix until everything is combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of 8x8 baking pan and spread it out until most of the bottom is covered.
- Use 3 tortillas to cover the bottom of the pan. I cut or tear them in half to fill gaps.
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover chicken mixture with 1/4 to 1/3 cup enchilada sauce.
- Use 3 more tortillas to cover the first layer.
- Add another 1/3 of the chicken mixture and cover the tortillas.
- Add 1/3 cup of sauce.
- Add shredded cheese to this layer.
- Using 3 more tortillas, cover the second layer.
- Add remaining chicken mixture and cover tortillas.
- Add another 1/4 to 1/3 cup enchilada sauce.
- Cover the 3rd layer with remaining tortillas.
- Using remaining sauce, pour over the entire top, trying to cover as much of the tortilla as possible.
- Spread remaining cheese over the top of the sauce.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes until cheese is melted and it’s nice and bubbly.